Monday, April 5, 2010

What is the Sunrise/Sunset Calendar for 2010?

I just found a really cool website that allows a search of your own area for sunrise and sunset and for what phase the moon in in. Check this out: SUNRISE/SUNSET

On this website CIVIL TWILIGHT is defined as "In the morning before the beginning of civil twilight and in the evening after the end of civil twilight, artificial illumination is normally required to carry on ordinary outdoor activities." There is more information on that site that explains it even further. It explains why we usually see "daylight" about a half hour before sunrise and a half hour after sunset.

That reminds me...has anyone noticed how bright this past winter was? I'm in the northeastern US and almost all winter, any time I got up during the middle of the night and looked out my window I was not surrounded by complete darkness. Something seems different this year. Can anyone explain that for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment